“Coworking is about making the choice to work along side other people instead of in isolation.” – Seattle Collaborative Space Alliance
Cowork Vernon recently celebrated it’s one year anniversary. In August 2014, we met at 3000-30 Ave in a space that looked like this:
We’ve come a long way! Here’s what we accomplished this past year:
- We welcomed 10 new members.
- We built a sound booth in a former bank vault.
- We rented an additional private office / meeting room across the hall.
- We filled the candy machine 12 times.
- We built a kitchen: sink, counter, fridge, Aeropress, Italian coffee maker.
- We painted!
- We added 9 desks, 7 additional monitors, 2 couches, and 1 love seat.
- We had 19 “words of the day”
- Went for 56 Friday lunches.
Cowork Vernon was started by four locals who wanted a collaborative workspace downtown: Morgan, Justin, Marco, and Steve.
We’ve just signed our second year lease. We’re excited about the future of coworking in Vernon!